Have some fun with DIY party poppers, without the fire hazard.
1) For the party poppers: Get a balloon and an empty toilet paper roll.
2) Use double-sided tape.
3) Fill with paper confetti
4) For the party balloons.
5) Get a smaller balloon and write your message on it.
6) Make sure the ink dries completely.
7) Put this balloon in another one filled with confetti, blow both of them up and then tie them together.
8) If you rub the balloon with a cloth, the confetti sticks onto the balloon more easily.