Learn to buy fresh fruits and veggies – that your mum would approve!
- You buy groceries
- You bring them home
- Mum looks at what you bought
- Mum sees it’s all wrong!!!
- You get scolded
- Back to the store you go 😛
Instructions on How To Avoid This Situation (a.k.a. How To Choose Fresh Food):
How To Choose Paprikas:
- Choose if the colours are bright & there aren’t any scratches on the surface.
- The colour should not change near the grooves.
- Choose one that looks clean and does not have a dry stem.
How To Choose Bananas:
- If you plan to store them a long time, choose the greenish ones.
- Consider the time frame in which you will eat the bananas. The more black spots on the banana, the healthier – but the sugar content is high!
- If eaten right away, choose a less greenish and more yellow-y ripe one.
How To Choose Strawberries:
- Strawberries should be a nice bright red colour all over, even near the stem. Also, the stem should be green and not dry.